Effective, powerful skin transformation is within reach – and it’s closer than you think. A key part of many patients’ treatment plans, a chemical peel offers you a potent and uniquely formulated treatment to address your most pressing skin concerns; delivered in a relaxing and convenient session. The more you enjoy our chemical peels, the more profound your skin’s improvement. If you’re anything like most of our patients, it will be love at first peel and you’ll continue to enjoy the results again and again!
Chemical peels are one of the most common cosmetic procedures. They have been used since ancient times in Egypt, Greece, and Rome to improve the appearance of skin. Chemical peels have been improved and refined over the years, but they are still effective in transforming dull, lifeless skin to beautiful, radiant complexions.
Chemical peels are performed using an acid solution to remove damaged outer layers of the skin. This can also be used to treat imperfections such as fine lines and wrinkles. The peel removes cosmetic imperfections and exposes a new layer of healthy skin. Although chemical peels are most commonly performed on the skin, they can also be used to rejuvenate the neck and hands, as well as the chest.
Enhanced Jessner’s Treatments
These innovative and proven light-to-medium depth peel formulas effectively exfoliate with blends of lactic, citric and salicylic acids and resorcinol, while bleaching and inhibiting pigment production with kojic acid and hydroquinone (where indicated). These peels help repair and reduce breakouts, control oil, soften lines and provide a more even, smoother skin texture.
Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) peels are often thought of as very aggressive and producing substantial discomfort. PCA Professional™ TCA peels are very different from the standard. Our TCA solutions are blends formulated with many ingredients including lactic acid, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), plumping phytohormones and kojic and azelaic acids to produce dramatic results without the discomfort and downtime associated with traditional TCA peels.
The cream consistency of PCA SKIN’s retinol treatments creates an occlusive barrier that allows the vitamins, antioxidants and other actives in these rich treatments to better absorb into the skin for maximum benefits.
Salicylic Acid Treatments
The keratolytic action of these treatments helps to smooth surface texture, clear blocked follicles and reduce the incidence of breakouts.
We use these treatments to keep skin free of pollutants and toxins, leading to a brighter and clearer complexion.
IPL Photo facial treatments utilize the latest advances in laser technology to help improve everything from the appearance of photo-aged skin, sun damaged skin to rosacea, age spots, premature wrinkles, pigment problems on the face, neck and chest. Photo facial (aka photofacial or photo facial) treatments center around the patented Intense Pulsed Light system, which penetrates deep below the skin’s surface to help start the production of new collagen and other connective tissues. A broad spectrum of light is transmitted through a small, smooth, transparent hand piece which is gently placed over the skin. Cut-off filters in the hand piece change the wavelength range allowing it to be optimized for different applications and skin types. The light penetrates the tissue and is absorbed by either the blood when treating vascular lesions or the melanin when treating pigmented lesions damaging them. The body’s natural processes then remove the injured tissue giving the skin a more even and youthful appearance.
Enhanced Jessner’s Treatments
You will be having a peel treatment on the day of your appointment. Please follow the outline below to prepare. Use of PCA SKIN® daily care products prior to your peel will prepare the skin, allow for better treatment results and reduce the risk of complications. This is recommended but not mandatory. Please consult your skin care clinician for appropriate recommendations for your skin type and condition.
It is recommended that you take the following into consideration:
- For best results and to reduce the risk of complications, it is recommended that you use PCA SKIN daily care products 10 to 14 days prior to treatment.
- If you are lactating, pregnant or may be pregnant, only an Oxygenating Trio or Detox Gel deep pore treatment is appropriate.
- Consult your OB/GYN before receiving any treatment.
- Do not go to a tanning bed two weeks prior to treatment. This practice should be discontinued due to the increased risk of skin cancer and signs of aging.
- It is recommended that extended sun exposure be avoided, especially in the 10 days prior to treatment.
- It is recommended to delay use of Trentinoin, Retin-A®, Renova®, Differin®, Tazorac®, Avage®, EpiDuo™, Ziana® and high-percentage AHA and BHA products for approximately five days prior to treatment. Consult your physician before temporarily discontinuing use of any prescription medications.
For two days post-procedure:
- Stay cool! Heating internally can cause hyperpigmentation.
- Do not put the treated area directly into a hot shower spray.
- Do not use hot tubs, steam rooms or saunas.
- Do not go swimming.
- Do not participate in activities that would cause excessive perspiration.
- Do not use loofahs or other means of mechanical exfoliation.
- Do not direct a hair dryer onto the treated area.
- Do not apply ice or ice water to the treated area.
“My personal experience with LaserPro Med Spa has been professional, timely, and pleasant. This location presents well maintained and clean equipment in a simple yet inviting environment. I believe that qualified and proficient individuals operate this business as I have been welcomed and treated in a professional and courteous manner continuously. I have experienced only accommodating staff and bookings, and have personally not experienced any inappropriate or unprofessional comments or occurrences.
Additionally, being my first experience with laser hair removal, I relied on the information given to me by the staff of LaserPro Med Spa (particularly during my initial consultation) and am grateful for their advice and direction. I felt reassured and comfortable in my surroundings at this establishment, as well as with the staff who perform the procedures. As a testament, I can say that I have referred this establishment to my own sister.”