Enhanced Jessner’s Treatments
These innovative and proven light-to-medium depth peel formulas effectively exfoliate with blends of lactic, citric and salicylic acids and resorcinol, while bleaching and inhibiting pigment production with kojic acid and hydroquinone (where indicated). These peels help repair and reduce breakouts, control oil, soften lines and provide a more even, smoother skin texture.
Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) peels are often thought of as very aggressive and producing substantial discomfort. PCA Professional™ TCA peels are very different from the standard. Our TCA solutions are blends formulated with many ingredients including lactic acid, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), plumping phytohormones and kojic and azelaic acids to produce dramatic results without the discomfort
and downtime associated with traditional TCA peels.
The cream consistency of PCA SKIN’s retinol treatments creates an occlusive barrier that allows the vitamins, antioxidants and other actives in these rich treatments to better absorb into the skin for maximum benefits.
The keratolytic action of these treatments helps to smooth surface texture, clear blocked follicles and reduce the incidence
We use these treatments to keep skin free of pollutants and toxins, leading to a brighter and clearer complexion.
Enhanced Jessner’s Treatments
You will be having a peel treatment on the day of your appointment. Please follow the outline below to prepare. Use of PCA SKIN® daily care products prior to your peel will prepare the skin, allow for better treatment results and reduce the risk of complications. This is recommended but not mandatory. Please consult your skin care clinician for appropriate recommendations for your skin type and condition.
It is recommended that you take the following into consideration:
- For best results and to reduce the risk of complications, it is recommended that you use PCA SKIN daily care products 10 to 14 days prior to treatment.
- If you are lactating, pregnant or may be pregnant, only an Oxygenating Trio or Detox Gel deep pore treatment is appropriate.
- Consult your OB/GYN before receiving any treatment.
- Do not go to a tanning bed two weeks prior to treatment. This practice should be discontinued due to the increased risk of skin cancer and signs of aging.
- It is recommended that extended sun exposure be avoided, especially in the 10 days prior to treatment.
- It is recommended to delay use of Trentinoin, Retin-A®, Renova®, Differin®, Tazorac®, Avage®, EpiDuo™, Ziana® and high-percentage AHA and BHA products for approximately five days prior to treatment. Consult your physician before temporarily discontinuing use of any prescription medications.
For two days post procedure:
- Stay cool! Heating internally can cause hyper pigmentation.
- Do not put the treated area directly into a hot shower spray.
- Do not use hot tubs, steam rooms or saunas.
- Do not go swimming.
- Do not participate in activities that would cause excessive perspiration.
- Do not use loofahs or other means of mechanical exfoliation.
- Do not direct a hair dryer onto the treated area.
- Do not apply ice or ice water to the treated area.